Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hooded Towels



Before my daughter was born, I got a hooded towel as a gift from one of my room moms( I used to teach 1st grade). She made it out of a hand towel and a bath towel. And it is our favorite towel for bath time. I used the store bought ones for awhile when she was really little, but soon realized I liked the big comfy hooded towel.

It works perfect to wrap her up in and it is so much more absorbent than the baby towels you get at the store. She is now 13 1/2 months old and we are still using it and she will use it even longer. That is what is so great about them, they are perfect for little babies all the way up to your school aged children.

So I started making my own version and came up with these! I love them and am super excited to announce that they will be sold on www.babycottagegifts.com.





The site is in the process of moving from an older site but is open for business. My towels, along with my bedding, will be sold on there soon. I have a lot more coming that will match some of the lines they carry in their shop. Here are some of the popular fabrics they use that I will be making my hooded towels with.


3 comments:

Emily said...

those are SO cute. I got a really great hooded towel from one of my husband's coworkers for my first baby that we still use on our 2 year old. These looks so fun!

Jamie said...

Wow, thanks for blurb! I think I will need to buy one for my daughter soon! I used to be an elementary teacher too ;-)

Unknown said...

These hooded towels are just discovering! We live in a private house, and sometimes there could be drafts and with such a hooded towel I am not afraid that my baby will catch a cold. And such examples have all my neighbours.